1. NFL players would be hired and trained to re-enact crazy plays.
2. The re-enactors would be really good at re-enacting football plays.
3. The play would be performed fresh, with a high amount of precision, over and over again for each individual referee.
4. The other refs in the competition would be sequestered until it is their turn to watch the play.
5. The referee would watch the play and make the call (on most plays, there would be a penalty).
6. The referee must not only make the proper call, but he also must have a lot of style in announcing the penalty.
7. Like, Ed Hochuli might not always be the judges' cup of tea.
8. The judges would score the refs on technical penalty-calling ability as well as style. Two-thirds of the point total would be technical; one-third would be style.